Nicholson Counseling Department Mission Statement
The Mission of the Nicholson Counseling program is to assist students in reaching their full potential. Nicholson Elementary School counselors will implement a standards-based comprehensive school counseling program that:
- Includes a curriculum addressing the needs of all students in the domains of academic, personal/social, and career development
- Provides specialized interventions based on identified student needs
- Assists students in acquiring appropriate attitudes, knowledge, and communication skills to promote healthy relationships
- Creates positive relationships with students fostering personal growth, service to others, and academic achievement
- Fosters consultation and collaboration with teachers, administrators, parents, and community on behalf of all students.
Philosophy of the Nicholson Counseling Department
All students can learn, and are valued as individuals with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
Beliefs of the Nicholson Counseling Department
1) Advocacy for all children is essential for them to achieve personal growth and lifelong learning.
2) Student learning is the primary focus of the school.
3) A safe and comfortable environment promotes student learning academically, emotionally, and physically.
4) Success for children is a result of the combined efforts of school, home, and community.